Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Catching Up

It has been a while since I’ve consistently posted, mainly because of an incredibly busy schedule – added work responsibilities. Upon my load of clients that always picks up when school starts I have done some training in K.C. and they have given more responsibilities over the other contracted therapists on the children’s unit. The CEO has encouraged me to take more ownership. This has not bided well for some on the unit. And I thought only children engaged in power struggles – silly me.

To catch you up I got an 8 point in Arkansas in Oct. This was an exciting hunt. I usually return lead to mother earth but this time hit the mark, largely because I didn’t have time to think but had to react as I saw the deer. Currently it is modern gun season in MO and I’ve gone out a few times and have seen nothing. The family farm hasn’t provided many sightings over the last three years although they are there, just not around me. Do I smell? I took a kid from church this year. I love doing this. His dad doesn’t hunt and he wanted to learn. I will set him up better next year. There are still some opportunities for him. I would like to go out several more times, too bad he has to go to school.

One of the reasons I have not been posting is because I have been writing my prayers most mornings and this has been my process. I was having difficulty focusing. I would recommend this practice. The main reason for this site was to post my insights as the Spirit awakened me. I have not written much in this regard but have had insights. Currently, I’ve been meditating on 1 Tim. 1:5. The contrasting of carnal and spiritual goals, “But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience, and a sincere faith.” I believe that “love . . .” is equivalent with maturity or growing up in Jesus. We don’t involve ourselves in meaningless arguments but they are fruitless and do not promote the “administration of God.” This is what is currently on the plate.

So, I’ll try to be more consistent in posting. Until then, blessings and peace to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger brent said...

We have one child in school and one home schooled. I don't hold much stock in the public school system the way it is now. I know some very good teachers that espouse the same values that I do. But the system is broken. The other side of the coin is that we can't bury our head in the sand and not be salt in the world. I wouldn't sacrifice my children at a young age however.

If it was up to me I'd take him out because what he learned in a few days of hunting would far out weigh what he would learn in the classroom. The learning would be the process and the exposure interacting with an older generation.

This kid was home schooled until 7th grade so I don't think that his dad would disagree but knowing his dad he would stress responsibility and would not let him go. I guess I could ask. I'm going on Monday.

9:24 PM  
Blogger brent said...

It's all about obedience. I live where Father directs me to live. I train my children how He directs me to.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home