Friday, June 06, 2008

Growth Spurt

As I was meditating this morning it dawned on me that all the difficult experiences I’ve faced in life have led to bigger and better things. Father has orchestrated my circumstances to bless and grow me up. I’m currently going through some shattered assumptions that are on par with losing my father five years ago. And although I would never choose to go through these experiences, I can see how they are producing His fruit in me. Easy words to type but in actual experience there is blood, sweat, and tears. In fact as I reread them I think it sounds trite in comparison to the actual experiences. One of the verses Father impressed on me when Dad died was II Cor. 1:3-4, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our afflictions. He stopped me there and made very real to me that He is my comfort. He comforts me. His focus was on me at the moment of my crisis. Even now as I think back on that time it is one of my special memories of Father. I haven’t journaled a lot this year because of an assortment of things that I won’t detail now. However, a lot has been going on in me. It’s sort of like a developmental shift, a growth spurt. As the circumstances started unfolding two things Father has strongly impressed on me: He is my rock and I must pursue Him in the midst of the distractions. I’m sure there will be more revelation as time goes on but this is the foundation that will support me through the whelming flood.

1 Comments:

Blogger brent said...

It amazes me how insufficient words are to convey the heart.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home