Monday, January 30, 2006

The used Father

It takes me a while to dial down, especially when I’m working a lot. Lately, I’ve been working a lot. This morning during my quiet time I realized that I was using this time to gain peace instead of worshiping Father. Just a slight change in perspective but makes a world of difference in the result. The focus was me and not Him. If I come to Father for what I can gain from the experience instead of giving Him my heart for His pleasure, I miss the point. I wonder if Father ever feels used. I need to completely attend to Him without thought for myself – unconsciously giving Him my heart. Peace.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good. thanks for sharing. We all need to be re-focused from time to time. I apprecaite you, my brother! mc

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that is exactly what is intended by the Scriptures that speak of those who wait upon the Lord. I get the image of a thoughtful attentive waiter at a restuarant. It is the very act of serving as would a waiter that renews our strength. Such a waiter finds great fulfillment just by being able to please the waited upon.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOTE: Your posting clock is two hours off -- posts 4:38 when it should have posted 6:38.

6:40 PM  
Blogger brent said...

Mike,

I haven't been able to figure out the clock but am still working on it.

The point I was making is that I loose self-consciousness and gain a total God-consciousness. It isn't about my fulfillment or peace but about Father's pleasure. Now it just so happens I recieve peace but that isn't the aim. This morning until corrected that was my aim. With all that said, I understand and agree with your point.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much of the time it becomes difficult to communicate Spirit-taught truths (I.E., revelation from God)into language that will by-pass a listener's (reader's) filters and connect spirit to spirit with them.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that you've mastered the clock problem.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home