Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Breakfast

I’ve been mostly raw for the last two months or so. My wife had researched raw diets and started eating raw for about month prior to me getting on board. We have been mostly organic for two years or so but my pants were still a little tight around the waist. In two months this has completely put me were I want to be without any cravings. I’m probably eating more protein now than before and feel great. I eat more proportionately and rarely late at night after work anymore.

3 cups water
½ cup of raw almonds that have been soaked over night
2 medjool dates
1 banana
1 cup of berries
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
maple syrup, honey, or stevia to taste
vanilla (optional)
1 tablespoon of flax oil
2 raw eggs

grind almonds and dates with one cup of water until smooth
add remaining ingredients (including another 2 cups water) except the eggs and blend until smooth
add 2 eggs and blend gently

All ingredients are optional.

3 Comments:

Blogger brent said...

Thanks for stopping by jc. I agree with your golden rules. Although I don't think "pop" does the body any good even in moderation. Think of your H/A filter in your house. You open the windows in the spring with the unit on and it will pull in all kinds of crap that will destroy the filter. The fresh air is good but the filter can't handle the pollen - even a little. Then once the filter is gone or rendered ineffective then the unit will go. Pop is the wrong kind of carbs and there are all kinds of chemicals in the drink. However, I get your point. I try to lean more on natural than moderation.

Interesting use of words for an athiest: golden rules.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Terry_Jim said...

That raw menu sounds good.
Do avoid Chicken Sushi however.

Merry Christmas

5:15 PM  
Blogger brent said...

Thanks for the advice TJ, although we do organic chicken or wild turkey (meleagris gallopavo not the drink).

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home