Thursday, February 15, 2007

Great Peace

Those who love Your law have great peace [שׁלם שׁלום],
And nothing causes them to stumble.
Psalm 119:165

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace [שׁלם שׁלום], whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3


Shaw-lome’ Shaw-lome’, Peace Peace, Great Peace, Perfect Peace

Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace,
Coming down from the Father above.
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,
In fathomless billows of love.

This chorus came to mind when I read Ps. 119:165 today. We have a perfect peace. We have a great peace – a peace that passes all understanding. This is our promise from Father. We lose our peace when we don’t trust Him to give us the energy, understanding, and ability to face our difficult circumstances. Sometimes He overwhelms us with His presence and peace. Sometimes we have to consciously roll our cares onto Him. Sometimes we want to sit in our unrest and we refuse His peace.

What a promise! “Nothing causes them to stumble” who love the law of God; who want to do His will. I can’t cause myself to stumble when I have an earnest desire and willingness to do God’s will. I, after all, am my biggest stumbling block.

The feeling I initially had when I got the news that my youngest son would have surgery tomorrow like the after effects of being punched in the stomach is replaced with His peace. There is still some irritability and weariness of soul but there is an unexplainable peace that overrides it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

May we inquire as to what the surgery is about?
either way, your son is in my prayers.

12:35 PM  
Blogger brent said...

Scroll down and look at some of my previous posts.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home