Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Rain

There is something stirred in me with the Fall rains that no other season provides. Maybe it’s because of the relief that latter rains give after the hot, weighty summer. The pressure is relieved and you feel like you can breathe again. Although it is still summer here in the Ozarks (90*+ temps isn’t exactly Fall) but the heat doesn’t have the bite it once had. It is hard to describe how the gentle rains refresh the soul.

I have been irritable lately, probably by a combination of things. It looks as if in a year from now I won’t be doing the same thing because of changes by the state. The summer heat has drug on thanks to global warming. I haven’t had as much Chad time as I usually get due to the projects he’s had this summer. Then there is the restlessness of pre-deer season. It all adds up to a sort of melancholy. However, there is a peace in this experience as I know this is Father’s way to stir me on to growth. He’s making some changes to continue my development process. This is really the source of my irritability. I’m not in control. I don’t know what is around the bend. I have to trust Him. Last week He impressed on me that He was my greatest need.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 6:33

I believe it’s starting to rain.

3 Comments:

Blogger brent said...

The "global warming" part was my attempt at humor.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought it was funny.

But yeah.. rain... I live in the Lower Mainland of BC, and if you want rain in the fall... rain in the winter, rain in the spring and the summer, come here and hang out! haha.

Seek first the kingdom is something I need to be reminded of daily.

11:04 AM  
Blogger brent said...

We're 5" over our normal rain fall here. I personally go for balance. In August we usually have a stretch of hot and humid days without rain or a let up of pressure. The first cool nights (68*-72*) make for refreshing quiet-times in the morning on the deck. It's like a spiritual break through.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home