Friday, May 05, 2006

Addendum to Hearing God

Father provided me with an addendum that I hadn’t thought of when writing Hearing God. This morning in prayer and study, I was reviewing the message that Pastor brought the other night on God’s Delegation from Mt. 10:40.

Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.

Mt. 10:41-42 goes on to say:

The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and the one who receives a righteous person because he is a righteous person will receive a righteous person's reward. And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.

Don’t want to go into the whole thing. If you’re interested click on Present Truth on the side and order the tape. Let it suffice to say that “the Kingdom of God is built on a benevolent dictatorship of delegated authority and not a democracy.”

As I was studying the passage and thinking it occurred to me that God also speaks through His delegated authorities. I had written in the margin of the outline “the way we treat the delegation is the way we treat the Delegator.” Romans 13 has a thing or two to say about this. This was not the direction that Pastor was going completely but it applies.

For my purposes, yesterday I got information from Utilization Review that I needed to pass on to other therapists. Quite ticky actually but needed to be passed on and I heard the gripes of those I gave the information to. I engaged in some of the gripes for, after all, this was a non-therapist trying to tell us how to chart. This morning I realized that I was wrong in my attitude and bx. This is an authority to me – the delegation – and I need to exhibit the proper attitude. This doesn’t mean I can’t address issues but always am to have the right attitude. Kelly is only protecting us from the auditors who for the most part are non-therapists. So I can heed and be blessed or in pride refuse and be cursed. The choice is mine.

This is a difficult voice of God. I want to think I’m the final authority and don’t need other voices and therefore miss what He is trying to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home