Friday, January 05, 2007

Proverbs 4 & 5

When I was a son with my father, tender, the only one in the sight of my mother, he taught me and said to me, "Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments, and live. Proverbs 4:3-4

David started teaching Solomon at a young age. He didn’t worry if Solomon would get it or not but instructed him. We do this with our sons. My dad did it with me. I can distinctly remember Dad saying, “Those who live by the sword die by the sword. Don’t pick fights.” And, “A good name is more desirable than gold. You can never fully mend a bad reputation.” I tell my sons these things now and more. We must be attentive to their education. It is our duty a parents.


For a man's ways are before the eyes of the LORD, and he ponders all his paths. Proverbs 5:21

Does this sound negative? Shouldn’t this provide us great comfort? Here in Springfield within the last year the city has taken measures to use the cameras posted at intersections to catch those who run red lights. They will be sent a ticket. Modern technology is fascinating isn’t it? People have gotten upset about this. It probably is the same people that are upset about the Patriot Act. If Father sees, He is aware. If He is aware, justice will eventually rule the day. Nothing escapes His attention or His care. This is comforting because it provides security. It also gives me a sense of significance. Think about the child whose parents don’t care and don’t pay attention. They are out of control as to cry out for someone to provide boundaries and security, someone to show that they love them enough to not let them self-destruct. Father is not only watching, He’s pondering our paths. He’s giving great thought concerning our steps. So what initially may sound intimidating is really the voice of comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home