Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Developing Our Thought Life

This was the topic my pastor spoke on last Sunday. It is crucial that we think right if we are going to be successful in any endeavor we undertake. It is absolutely essential to think like Father thinks if we are going to be like Him. Father is changing our mind day by day. Father, help us to think Your thoughts after You. The following are some notes I took as Bishop was speaking.

1. We are shaping our children’s life with words – good and bad.
2. God created man in His image and likeness in order that man could think like He does. This implies communion.
3. Christ came to remedy the Isaiah 55:8 problem. We can train and develop our thoughts to think as Father thinks. We use this verse to focus on the negative that we can’t think like God thinks. However, this is not true in Christ. Jesus came to reveal God’s thoughts in order to restore man to think as He does.
4. I am only going to learn God’s ways by developing my thought life.
5. I live beneath my privileges when I don’t think like Father thinks. Thinking carnally robs me of my spiritual privileges. If I’m not responsible in my thinking then I lose the privileges and blessings that are mine in Christ.
6. If I don’t have a proper judgment about my value, I won’t live up to my potential.
7. Spiritual thoughts are more powerful than carnal thoughts. The light that is within us is more powerful than the darkness that surrounds us. Truth is stronger than error. There is more grace in God’s heart than sin in man’s heart. There is more power in one drop of the blood of Jesus than the accumulative sin of man.
8. We grow up/mature by training our minds to think positively as He does.
9. Some thoughts I think, I shouldn’t say. Sometimes I just need to keep my mouth shut! Some thoughts are contrary to the truth.
10. Our life is in our thinking – positively or negatively.
11. Fill your mind with whatever is true.
12. The Righteous Judge of the earth is going to do the right thing.
13. In order to glorify God in my spirit and body I have to think positively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home