Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Laws of Mancala

1. Slow down
2. Look at your options
3. Consider the consequences
4. Protect yourself
5. Learn from your mistakes

Me and J have been playing mancala quite a bit lately. He’s really good. I’ve been teaching him the laws of mancala as application to regular daily life. Maybe if I instill these in him now, he will be able to apply them more effectively as he grows.

Recently, I’ve been teaching him how to play chess. He’s not bad for a 7 year old. I’m teaching him on the chess set my dad taught me on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Busplunge said...

This is really a nice blog, I am going to link it on mine. I like the Laws of Mancala

5:52 PM  
Blogger brent said...

Thanks for the complement. Stop by any time.

Peace.

b

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home