Saturday, January 31, 2009

Proverbs 31

It is amazing how fast the month has gone. I’ve allowed busyness keep me from posting as much as would have liked. Today’s passage is the familiar virtuous woman passage. Reading this always gives me appreciation for my wife. No one is perfect but my wife strives for the principles in this passage. I could get frustrated if I allowed myself with things I would like or need her to do differently. However, when I focus on her attributes it is easier for me to accept her faults. She puts up with mine so it is the least I could do. We tend to look at the attributes of the virtuous woman as all or nothing when more likely they are in varying degrees that ebb and flow, hopefully with steady growth.

Another verse that came alive for me is verses 8-9: Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all the unfortunate. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the afflicted and needy. Be aware of those that can’t speak for themselves. Stand for what is right.

Another verse I like is verse 25: Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future. This should be spoken of more than just the virtuous woman. Our future is bright; we have something to smile about.

I hope that you have renewed awareness and sensitivity of the fear of the Lord. It is my hope that this year would produce in us a demonstration that He is our wisdom that all would see Christ in us. May the reading and meditation of Proverbs be more than just an increase in our intellects.

Peace.

I’m feeling compelled to take a closer look at the disciple Jesus loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home