Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Response to Anonymous (affectionately known as Mike C.)

Mike C. in a previous response asked about the reason for the season (dryness that is). The quick answer: only you and Father can truly address that.

Now if I may opine away. I will only reference myself for I can’t speak for others but if the shoe fits . . . My focus is often on the negative. I will say something like, “Thank you Father that I can enter Your presence,” and never go in. I believe for me in most cases the problem is with me and not with Father. I will say I’m the righteousness of God (based on what He said) but will not truly believe I can attain that nor live in His righteousness. I will say I can worship Him but will be stuck in asking Him to help me worship (give Him my heart). Father’s response is, “I already have helped you, enter into My rest.” Faith is action as Mike Lawrence so aptly pointed out in a previous response.

Oh look! A rabbit! Don’t you just love Mike’s openness? Using his full name as to say, “Here I am; this is who I am, without pretense and without shame.” I on the other hand, not even giving my last initial, hide in obscurity. Mike’s only fault is second guessing himself.

I believe that this is a relationship we are talking about. In relationship often we learn more about ourselves than the other. But too often, we (and thus meaning I) blame the other party. Now how can we blame God for not showing up at our scheduled appointment? I know I am there and God doesn’t seem to be there. So what happened? Has the Omniscient One forgotten? I think not. Could it be that we are not truly there? I am not trying to be confusing here or cute. If I approach Father but feel, just below the surface of cognition, I am unacceptable or that God really doesn’t want me there, how will this affect our relationship? If I think God just tolerates me, I will come as the beggar, fearful of His wrath and doubtful of His assistance. What this tells me is that the view I have of myself is not the view Father has of me. Oh; how we blame Father is that it is His unacceptance of us that causes our feelings of emptiness when we approach Him. Aren’t we clever beings? We can blame God to avoid blaming ourselves all the while with the pretense of being so pious as to confess sins we have not committed. Look how fat I am! Oh, you’re not fat, you’re lovely. Aren’t we noble? Aren’t we pridefully humble? Father is not impressed with our nobility. But He is not displeased with us. He just says come.

I think there are a multitude of reasons why we experience seasons of dryness. But even though I don’t always experience it, I believe there doesn’t have to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home