Thursday, March 01, 2007

My Hope

My hope as a parent is that my children grow up. (I was going to add "to be..." here but I feel that this captures it.) I want them to mature as responsible adults. That means they are not emotionally reactive to the winds of our fickle society. It means that they stand for what is right in spite of who is telling them to sit down. May they lead by word and example. I hope they will have a heart for the Truth regardless of the glamour of the lie. They will raise their families in selfless dedication. They will be men of substance. They will love Jesus, their family, and their country. They will be students of the Word. I hope they demonstrate what it means to be citizens in the Kingdom of our Lord. I want them to have compassion on the needy yet help the needy learn responsibility and self-sufficiency. I want them to be happy but not at the price of their soul. I hope they experience and maintain true joy. May they never waste their sorrows. May they never shrink back from their responsibility of being men. I want them to know love and friendship as I have. I don’t want them to be afraid of intimacy. I don’t want them to be afraid of risk or challenges. May they grow up to be men of God, having Him as their hearts desire. May they seek first His kingdom and righteousness. May they learn to trust Jesus in every circumstance of life – living by faith and not by sight. To sum it all up, may they learn to fear the Lord and allow His wisdom to rule their life. If they can do this, can grow in this, they will have a full, successful life. I want them to have it better than me in everyway. May they stand on my shoulders and reach new heights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home