Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Scripture Prayer

Praise the Lord, all nations; Laud Him, all peoples! I praise You, O Lord! I thank You that Your lovingkindness has prevailed over me and Your faithfulness is perfect and everlasting. Praise the Lord.[1]

Father I present to You my body, soul, and spirit (the totality of my being) as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to You, which is my spiritual act of worship.[2] I recognize that I belong to You. I am Your bond-slave – a slave to live righteously[3] and I make a conscious decision of faith to not be conformed to this world, but I choose to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. And I believe that I will demonstrate Your good, acceptable, and perfect will.[4] I recognize that I am a new creation in Christ with my old ways passed away and His new ways have come into my experience.[5] I acknowledge that You chose me before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before You and have blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.[6]

I thank You, Father, for making Him who no sin to be sin on my behalf that I might become the righteousness of God in Jesus. Thank You for giving me your righteousness.[7] Thank You for multiplying to me grace and peace in the knowledge of God and Jesus my Lord. Thank You for giving me Your divine power which empowers me to live a godly life through the revelation of Him who called me. I thank You that you have made me a partaker of Your divine nature through Your precious and magnificent promises.[8] Thank You that I am no longer a slave to sin, that sin no longer reigns in my mortal body.[9] I acknowledge and appropriate by faith the crucifixion of Christ – I have been crucified with Christ; and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me; and the life I live in this body I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.[10]

Father grant me a spirit of wisdom and revelation that I might know Jesus better. Open the eyes of my heart so that I will know what is the hope of Your calling, the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints, and the surpassing greatness of Your power toward me as I believe.[11] Father I thank You that I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which You have prepared for me to walk in today.[12] May Your kingdom come. Your will be done, in my life as it is in heaven.[13] Father, I recognize that this is the day You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.[14] Appoint lovingkindness and truth that they may preserve me.[15] Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.[16] Be glorified in me and demonstrate Your kingdom through me. You have established Your throne in the heavens, and Your kingdom rules over all.[17]
[1] Ps. 117
[2] Rom. 12: 1
[3] Rom. 6: 18 & 22
[4] Rom. 12:2
[5] II Cor. 5:17
[6] Eph. 1:3-4
[7] II Cor. 5:21
[8] II Pet. 1:2-4
[9] Rom. 6: 6 & 12
[10] Gal. 2:20
[11] Eph. 1:17-19
[12] Eph. 2:10
[13] Matt. 6:10
[14] Ps. 118:24
[15] Ps. 61:7
[16] Ps. 63:3-4
[17] Ps. 103:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home