Thursday, August 02, 2007

Performing His Word

The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all. Bless the LORD, O you His angels, you mighty ones who perform His word, obeying the voice of His word! Psalm 103:19-20

It all boils down to being a demonstration of the Spirit. Faith without the resulting works is dead. The question I must ask myself is “Am I performing God’s word?” Am I a demonstration of His love and being? Do I have such a relationship with Father that people are stirred to ask about the hope that is in me?

The quandary that I often find myself in which puzzles me is the tendency to wane in my intensity toward the pursuit of God. It seems that I get distracted and allow myself to fall back into a commonplace business-as-usual attitude. It disturbs me when I realize that I’ve been in that state for sometime without being aware. How can a child of God maintain his intensity and desire? This is the real issue over sin. Sinning is the surface while motivation and priority is the core. Jesus focused on a man’s heart over his actions. As a human, my tendency is to structure things in my mind in a manageable set of ideas and rules so that I can have a sense of control. This isn’t all bad because it gives society a set of mores and values that we live by to get along. However, the problem is we cannot live up to these values or rules within ourselves. It is only by God’s grace, His enabling, through our relationship with Jesus that this can be done.

God has not equipped us to be perfect. Some will read this and say, “Amen, we are sinners saved by grace,” with the emphasis on “sinners.” Others will say that this is wrong because it diminishes what Jesus has completed in us. It tarnishes His sacrifice. What God has equipped us for is intimacy with Him and out of that intimacy flows perfection. The deeper my revelation of who He is and who I am in Him the greater the practical outworking in my life will be. My experience is in direct proportion to my revelation. My revelation is in direct proportion to my intimacy with Him.

Until the time that His word came to pass, the word of the Lord refined him.
Psalm 105:19

The refining process of the Word will bring the Word to pass. This uncomfortable striving with myself to maintain the pursuit of those I love is the process that brings it about. It is in this striving that the word of the Lord is performed – demonstrated – manifested. And He is glorified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home