Friday, June 09, 2006

God's Justice

I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.

And so starts Psalm 9. I have been reading a Proverb and the corresponding Psalm each morning for my morning Scripture reading. Today I got stuck in Psalm 9 in light of the news of Zarqawi’s death.

I read a lot of political information but that is not the format of this blog. I’m tempted to be sarcastic on other political blogs but refrain because that is not the spirit I want to portray. I live vicariously through Jack from Forgotten Prophets. And I couldn’t help myself on They Shoot Democrats Don’t They – a confused boy – but even there gave only a quick shot, a flesh wound.

I try to stay current with an ear toward Father. I often pray, “Help me to see things from Your perspective.”

But the Lord sits as King forever; He has established His throne for judgment, and He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity. The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble; And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. v. 7-10

Bottom line is God is in control. Injustice will be exposed and addressed. This is not wishful thinking but the Word of God. The enemy will twist their losses to recruit more Zarqawis. Islamic mothers will whisper in the ears of their children death and violence. It looks hopeless doesn’t it? How can we fight such a war? How can we win? This is a spiritual battle and it is the Lord’s. I believe we will see more victories when we understand this and give God credit. Regardless if we give Him credit or not, He will be glorified. He doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to accomplish His purposes. Maybe He’s waiting for us to come around. He knows who He is and is not rattled by the slowness of justice. He moves for His sake and not for our laurels.

For He who avenges bloodshed remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the afflicted. v. 12

The Lord has made Himself known; He has executed judgment. In the work of his own hands the wicked is snared. v. 16

Arise, O Lord, do not let man prevail; let the nations be judged before You. Put them in fear, O Lord; let the nations know that they are but men. v. 19-20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home