Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Forgotten No More

I don’t watch much TV. I have replaced TV time with internet time. I like reading but the internet does not always bode well with my OCD. There are a few programs that I watch frequently but my favorite is Forgotten Prophets. The star is Jack H and he writes his daily adventures with obvious ease and skill. I covet his ability and mastery of English and sentence structure. He can say something very common in a way that hooks your mind around it and you are there.

This exercise of mine is just that an exercise. I almost flunked Freshman English in college. It’s more than sentence structure here. My exercise and purpose has been to not let seed thoughts go unplanted. My thoughts for the most part are very surface and this requires me to explore my thoughts and develop them with hopes that they will grow and become more thorough. Another motivation is that someday when I am gone I hope my children and grandchildren will read and know my heart. I suppose a deep, secret motivation is that you, dear reader, would want to read and know me, to pursue me. My writing is in code – a surface meaning with a deeper meaning underneath but you have to dig and think. If someone understood then it would somehow give me value. I’m important enough that someone gave a second look. Someone wants to know my heart. This is in reality my craving for God and need for Him to pursue me. I want to be wanted. “I want you to want me” and all that.

Anyway, this Jack H guy. I really like him. I like his heart. He has gone through some great trials and his heart has known bitterness but even in his ranting and self-pity there is an undeniable light of hope. I don’t know that he sees this for the darkness is so great right now. All his writings display this. It’s like watching a movie when you catch on as to how it will most likely end. I’ve seen it from near the beginning.

I’m not sure as to why I have been compelled to watch. I’ve read some good stuff on the web but none like him. The writing is way past superb but that isn’t it. The humor completely connects with mine but I can go many places and find sarcasm. And I don’t need to people gather those with the same political bent to feel validated. So what is it? Why do I like this program so much? It has to be his heart. For some reason I think I get it. Maybe it’s projection on my part. This guy presents himself in such a way that many could identify with him and connect. I would think this would be necessary of an author. Maybe it’s me. I feel I’m looking into a mirror when I read his pages. What a gifted writer to make me feel this way. That he could display himself in such a way that I could see my heart in spite of the differences on the surface. Thanks Jack for such a gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home